Monday, June 30, 2014

Good Riddance: A History of Waste Management in Manly, Mosman, Pittwater and Warringah by Pauline Curby and Virginia Macleod.

Good Riddance: A History of Waste Management in Manly, Mosman, Pittwater and Warringah by Pauline Curby and Virginia Macleod. Paperback book published by Joint Services Committee of Warringah, Manly, Mosman and Pittwater Councils 2003, 223 pages with black and white photographs and a few black and white illustrations.


Whilst the Huc & Gabet website http://www.hucandgabetbooks.com.au/ was being constructed late last year, my web designers suggested a number of social media thingys that I should sign up for. Their number one suggestion was facebook, followed closely by Twitter and Instagram. My immediate and maintained response was that facebook was a definite “never”, twitter was a “possible but I would rather not” and instagram was a “what the hell is instagram”. In the end Twitter and Instagram did become part of my on line portfolio and Huc & Gabet on facebook remains where it was before my website.

To be honest, after 6 months i'm still not 100% with the whole Twitter and Instagram thing. I think I need to spend a little bit of time with it, time which I feel could be better used elsewhere. Regardless of my hesitant and unprofessional use of these social medias, I have managed to keep up a steady stream of information and images. What does amaze me is that some of these posts do get hits and do get people interested. 

The image above, which is a full scan of the front cover, was cropped down to Instagram squareness and posted on Instagram.  Somehow it got quite a few looks pretty much straight after I posted it. I wonder if this is people who hang around on Instagram waiting for anything tagged “waste management” or was it the “Manly, Mosman, Pittwater and Warringah” connection that caused the stir. I'm not sure. I'd like to think it was both.

Click here if you want to see my Instagram images.

No comments:

Post a Comment