Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Cupcakes from the Primrose Bakery by Martha Swift and Lisa Thomas.

Cupcakes from the Primrose Bakery by Martha Swift and Lisa Thomas.  Hardcover book with pictorial boards (no dust jacket) published by Kyle Cathie 2009, 144 pages with colour photographs.


I seem to remember seeing a whole shop full of these little paper cup fulls of sweetness and joy (cakes that is… not the books).  It was quite a beautiful and tasty looking establishment full of colour and… ummmm… cupcakes.  It was somewhere in Melbourne’s CBD… hang on a sec… the interwebs can confirm that it was/is the Degraves St branch of Little Cupcakes.  Beautiful… and from memory, very tasty.

It doesn’t really seem that long ago that I embraced the cupcake and it seems like just yesterday that Cupcakes were the “in thing” and everyone was talking about, baking and eating cupcakes.  I can even remember having a conversation with Tim from Books for Cooks (hi Tim) regarding the sudden increase in interest re cupcake books.  So when this information regarding the interest in cupcakes was made available or rather, became extremely obvious to me, I of course began looking for cupcake books.  Well, here we are five years later and I finally find one.  Yep, this one.  Five years (approx) is how long it took me to find a cupcake book and now I can die happy in the knowledge that I have managed to track down an elusive cupcake book.  Here at Huc & Gabet we never give in.

No comments:

Post a Comment