Friday, May 13, 2011

Clunes Booktown 2011 Friday set up

As i live in Clunes, i fortunately don't have to hire a van or trailer etc to get my stock where it has to go.  The 150 metres is a little far to carry 39 boxes of stock so my little car has to do a few trips around the corner... which isn't that bad.  At the court house end there were school children lending a hand unloading... which was excellent.  Unfortunately by the time i got to my third load they had moved on to a larger project and were busily standing around doing very little, watching a few others do a lot.  But i am appreciative of the help that i did get (...i don't want to sound like a grumpy old man... which i guess i am). 

Anyway i spent the next hours sorting and figuring out what goes where... and then close to having filled my space i realised i have too much stock.  There are about 7 or 8 boxes that i haven't unpacked as of yet.  The good side is that at no point will my displayed stock level drop... the bad side is that someone looking for that Andy Warhol book wont find it until i've sold some other books and manage to squeeze Andy in.

There is something i haven't mentioned, which i my game plan.  No books over $10.  Last year i had a whole shelf of collectible books, rare books and very rare books and sold next to none... People didn't even look at it.  My cheaper stock (all quality and "of interest" of course) fared much better. The answer i think is give the public what they want.

Anyway here are a few photos of my stall.  Looks a bit messier than last year.  This could be a good thing as it makes it look a little less precious/expensive.






It's early morning... the calm before the storm.  Better get my thermos ready... and get me ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment