Sunday, March 13, 2011

Kiss by John Swenson.

Kiss by John Swenson.  Paperback book published in 1980.


In the late 1970s and early 1980s Kiss were probably the biggest Rock n Roll band in the world.  Everyone was into them… everyone except for me and maybe a few of my friends… thinking about it now, I only knew one person who was REALLY into them…Trevor.  I remember clearly not really understanding what all the fuss was about and Trevor’s amazement and awe at Gene Simmons’s fire breathing and all the hullabaloo that went along with Kiss, was something that to this day I still don’t get. In recent years Kiss seem to have maintained a level of popularity (nostalgia?) that is phenomenal and I’m still bewildered.  I’m more than willing to admit that this is something that just didn’t click into place for me and before all you Kiss fans start berating me for having my heathen opinions… don’t.  I’m happy for you to sit there and scoff silently… it is just my opinion.

So I find this book and immediately think to myself that the massive nostalgia for this band will make it a resounding ebay success story (i.e. it will sell).  This is again one of those books that despite a lack of interest on my behalf, does not mean that there is a lack of interest on the behalf of millions of others.  Usually this sort of book (paperback, aimed at teen fans) is in not so good condition, as these books tended to be read and reread over and over again.  This copy does have some wear and blemishes, but nothing unexpected and overall it’s not too bad.  So I’m hoping a guy called Trevor is out there, somewhere, feeling a bit nostalgic… come on Trev.

No comments:

Post a Comment